dinsdag 9 oktober 2012

Inbetween - Tara Fuller

Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)Serie: Kissed by Death #1 
Release date: 2012 
Stars: 3/5 

Since the car crash that took her father’s life three years ago, Emma’s life has been a freaky — and unending — lesson in caution. Surviving “accidents” has taken priority over being a normal seventeen-year-old, so Emma spends her days taking pictures of life instead of living it. Falling in love with a boy was never part of the plan. Falling for a reaper who makes her chest ache and her head spin? Not an option.

It’s not easy being dead, especially for a reaper in love with a girl fate has put on his list not once, but twice. Finn’s fellow reapers give him hell about spending time with Emma, but Finn couldn’t let her die before, and he’s not about to let her die now. He will protect the girl he loves from the evil he accidentally unleashed, even if it means sacrificing the only thing he has left…his soul.

This was also a book I waited long enough for, and this one I actually liked. The blurb of Inbetween really took me in and I couldn't wait for the book. The plot line of this book reminded me of some other angel books, like Fallen. Where the girl is bein reincarnated as a human who doesn't remember anything from her past life and the guy who knows and remembers everything. So the story wasn't very original but it had still some unique stuff in it, so that I find it enjoyable. 
The characters are very interesting. The main characters are Finn and Emma. It's written from a dual perspective, which I really enjoyed! Finn is and endearing and intersting character. He has all t his guilt and sadness hanging around him, about the things that he did in the past. His love for Emma was very heartbreaking and touching. Emma was likeable, but kind of boring. The love between the two of them was sweet, but I would have liked it to develop slower. I wanted to learn more about the past love between them, but you got so little. It's kind of a sad love story. I just love seeing two character fall in love, how is developes and grows. But in this book that already happened in the past, so now it was just quick. 
The second characters are something. I really liked them and they sure made an impression! The story is very enjoyable and readable. The ending was a bit too nice in my opinion, but I really recommend the book!

Geen opmerkingen: