maandag 17 september 2012

City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
Series: The Mortal Instruments #5
Release date: 2012
Stars: 4/5 

What price is too high to pay, even for love? 

When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.


Finally the series contains City of Lost Souls. This book is much better than the last two.While the last two books I found myself skimming parts just to get over with it. With this installment, I found myself really wanting to keep reading. The only thing I found very annoying is the main character, Clary. She keept wining about losing Jace. And I get that, but really it took way too long. And that makes her age also an issue, because her 16 years doens't make it very believable. Lost Souls had much more meaningfull actions, scenes, conversations etc than the other books. Even though the book is a very long one, it never once stopped me for wanting more. I really liked in The Mortal Instruments, but especially in this book that there are so many characters you fall in love with. Like I said before, they all have that one something that makes them unique and loving and caring. I really like Isabelle and Simon, they are great together. I like how Clare writes about them, how difficult it is for both of them to start a relationship and how Clare not makes it a instant love, everything is great thing. I really like the gay couple Alec/Magnus, they bring the humor in the book, but Alec also add a very serious aspect. Overall, Lost Souls is a great improvement over Fallen Angels. I'm really looking forward to the last book in the series and ofcourse the movies!

Geen opmerkingen: