zaterdag 25 augustus 2012

Onyx - Jennifer Armentrout

Onyx (Lux, #2)Serie: Lux #2
Release date: 2012
Stars: 5/5 

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Hello guys, I'm back from Spain and while I was in Spain I read Onyx and god did I love it as much as I anticipated! So I really couldn't wait for this book to come out and when the date finally arrived I totally got this book on my holiday and was being a not so nice girlfriend to my boyfriend, because I just had to read this book. I really enjoyed the tense moments between Daemon and Katy, I love when Daemon calls her Kitty hehe. The moments between them are just plain hot and while there were many moments I can't help but feel like wanting more and more! The book picks up right where Obsidian ended. Katy is still being connected with Daemon and Daemon really goes for Katy. I love him, seriously how could someone not! The whole development of Katy and her alien mojo is very interesting and I'm curious to see where that is heading. And also the whole someone who is still alive (can't spoill who) made the book so much better. Also the new character in the book who tries to make a move on Katy makes the book very juicy. Daemon is jealous! I like it! You really couldn't tell what happened next most of the time and I like that. The whole alien concept is still hot the way Armentrout describes it! If I have to name one less thing about the book, I'll have to say the end. I saw it coming from miles! It was very predictable and while I expected it to happen it still sucked because it's a huge cliffhanger! I can't wait for the next one!

Geen opmerkingen: