zondag 26 augustus 2012

Ethereal - Addison Moore

Ethereal (Celestra, #1)
Serie: Celestra #1
Release date: 2011
Stars: 0/5 

Sixteen-year-old, Skyla Messenger is a dead girl walking.

When her newly remarried mother moves the family to Paragon Island, to a house that is rumored to be haunted, Skyla finds refuge in Logan Oliver, a boy who shares her unique ability to read minds.

Skyla discovers Logan holds the answers to the questions she’s been looking for, but Logan’s reluctance to give her the knowledge she desires leaves her believing Logan has a few secrets of his own.

Skyla’s bloodlines may just be connected to the most powerful angelic beings that roam the earth, and the more she knows, the more danger she seems to be in.

Suddenly an entire faction of earthbound angels wants her dead, at least she still has Logan, or does she?


Please don't read this book, it was so awfull! I read mixed reviews about Ethereal and decided to give it a shot, really I wish I hadn't. The main character Skyla is just this perfect beautiful girl who falls immediately in love with two hot guys. Oh gosh wich one should she choose and sleep with? I really hate instant love relationships! I mean she met Logan and then a few pages later they where already making out. That is really what the book is about, making out with Logan and Logan and Cage fighting over Skyla. I wasn't connecting with the Skyla at all, nothing what she did made any sense. She was boring and needy. Skyla moves into a house where a murdered girl lives and the best friend of this murdered girl runs right over at Skyla and becomes best friends with her for some reason unknown to me. The author tried to add a paranormal aspects in it, but failed miserably with it. I mean the whole reading minds thing, I don't know where that came from. The plot wasn't working. I saw everything from miles coming and Skyla was still figuring it out. The characters weren't working. This book should just be destroyed. I can't name one thing that was good about it, even the cover is boring. Seriously, don't read this!

Geen opmerkingen: