maandag 18 juni 2012

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead


The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)Serie: Bloodlines #2
Release date: 2012

Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1
New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.

God I don’t even know what to say about this second book in the Bloodlines series. After reading Bloodlines I read the Golden Lily immediately. And now that I have finished it, I want to read the third one so badly, but I have to wait till February 2013. Why??!! This book exceeded all my expectations and I just can’t get enough of it. In The Golden Lily we are getting to know Sydney more and her evolving relationships with the characters around her. We do learn a bit about the so called vampire hunters and Sydney’s magic. My two favorite characters are Sydney and Adrian, god I adore them so much. When they are together they bring the best in each other and they challenge each other. I just smile at their interactions, they are so great together and I really hope they will end up together. How can they not? The tension between the two is killing me and the end is just awful! It was just that good and now you’re hanging with anticipation for the next one. I love how Sydney grows in the series, while she hasn’t gotten over her Alchemists beliefs yet, she continues to make decisions based on what she believes is right. I like Adrian much more in this series than I did in Vampire Academy and I feel guilty that I didn’t really care about him then. With the amazing characters and the amazing story, the series Bloodlines is very good! 

Geen opmerkingen: