donderdag 31 mei 2012

Soul Protector - Amanda Leigh Cowley

Soul Protector (Soul Protector #1)Serie: Soul Protector #1 
Release date: 2011 


After being dragged on a night out to celebrate a friend's birthday, Gracie discovers a unique talent. Doubting her sanity, she keeps it to herself while she tries to make sense of it, but unaware of her visible aura, she gets abducted by Dan; a handsome monitor. Once he establishes Gracie didn't know what she was doing, he helps her to recover before introducing her to the world of the Soul Protector.

Finally understanding the rules of being a Soul Protector, Gracie finds the courage needed to embrace her special gift. But she is unaware a secret from the past is waiting to catch up with her; one that will shock her to the core.


I wasn't really sure what to expect of Soul Protector, but I really liked it! The main character, Gracie, doesn't know she's a soul protector until she accidentally does the switch. It happens so quick and believable that you can't help but wonder where the story is headed. I really loved the whole concept about the soul protectors, it was different than most books I read. I also liked that the main character was in her twenties, not some ignorant teenager. I liked that the writer didn't spend time explaining things, but just kept going with the story. That way you started to understand things the same time Gracie does. I found that I could easily relate with Gracie, it was easy to understand how she felt. She meets Dan, he's dreamy, confident and ofcourse very hot. He's interested in her, but she isn't aware of that. Their relationship is difficult and somethimes I felt frustrated. I kind of wished there was more romance to it, maybe in the next book. Gracie grows confident and stronger and the end is very suprising. I'm excited to read the second book.

Geen opmerkingen: